Cooperative Building Solutions is devoted to the success of the electric cooperative industry. We provide a complete turnkey solution for the planning, design and construction of electric cooperative facilities. Cooperative Building Solutions follows a team approach throughout the design-build process, and becomes an extension of our clients’ staff to provide the best value to their members.
This position is a Senior Financial Executive responsible for leading the financial and accounting functions within a construction company. Actively participates in the maintenance of fiscal records, budget development, managing project finances, ensuring compliance with industry standards, and providing financial insights to support the company’s objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or closely related field; CPA preferred.
- Extensive experience (10 plus years) in financial management and accounting within the construction industry.
- Proven track record of principles, practices, regulations and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of construction accounting principles, cost control, and project financial management.
- Ability to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able to consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports, presentations, and recommendations and to perform the necessary research and investigations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact and collaborate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical approach to problems with high regard for detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in construction accounting software and systems (e.g., Procore, Viewpoint, Sage, CMIC or similar platforms).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and leadership abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy and compliance.
- Analyze complex business problems and make sound business decisions (e.g. cost/benefit).
- Work independently in a results-oriented environment.
Cooperative Building Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.