Senior Project Engineer – St. Louis
PARIC Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer based in St. Louis, MO. This position is responsible for helping to keep the project within established goals for quality, timeliness, budget, profitability, safety, and customer satisfaction. As a Senior Project Engineer, along with the Project Manager, you are responsible for the financial performance of the project, project schedule, subcontractor negotiations, and Owner relationships. This position reports directly to the Project Manager or Project Executive. This position is little to no travel required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Know and understand project cost book
- Achieve baseline and maximize profitability within project
- Process change orders
- Assist in the development of baseline schedule
- Identify and work with the project team to develop action plan to mitigate negative impacts to baseline schedule / the guideline is to remain nimble and always think about getting ahead
- Participate in collaborative scheduling with subcontractors in the development of the baseline schedule
- The Senior Project Engineer owns capturing and updating all of the data and input into scheduling software, tracking actual starts, producing short-term interval schedules, etc.
- Develop and monitor submittal schedule and material procurement in order to support the overall project schedule.
- Assist in the issuance of sub contracts per the buyout schedule
- Develop and maintain sound relationships internally and externally
- Establish long term, mutually respectful relationships with customers.
- Balance customer needs with business objectives and profitability goals
The ideal candidate will have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related experience
- A minimum of four years of construction experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task
- Experience with industrial mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing projects preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills and a credible reputation among local and regional subcontractors
- Knowledge and experience in estimating (preferred)
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience working with CMiC (preferred)
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.