Welcome all customers and internal clients with efficient, prompt, courteous service. Answer and forward calls through console switchboard as well as greet visitors. Process all incoming and outgoing mail. Provide variety of clerical and general office tasks in support of other departments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet each visitor with appropriate welcome and acknowledgement of arrival or presence in reception area.
- Operate console switchboard. Place outgoing calls, answer incoming calls, forward to proper party, take messages (when necessary), notify employees when visitors have arrived.
- Provide mail services including sorting, weighing and posting outgoing mail and packages; distributing interoffice/inter-project mail, etc.
- Schedule conference rooms and coordinate with Executive Assistants or meeting planners.
- Train employees as back-up for phone coverage.
- Receive/sign for deliveries, letters, etc. as required.
- Update emergency pager, project list and projects to bid list.
- Maintain knowledge of all postal or private carrier services.
- Maintain accurate records of all mailing forms, postage meters, supplies and costs.
- Perform additional duties and assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Problem Solving.
- Communication, including public speaking.
- Ethical Practice.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 3 years of combined experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
No travel is expected for this position.
PARIC pairs design/build services with construction management and negotiated general construction to offer an unparalleled building and service experience. We are committed to moving our region forward by remaining an integral part of our community and by leveraging the talent and experience of top-notch people who work closely with clients to build their visions into reality.
PARIC's Core Values
For over 30 years, our Core Values have successfully guided PARIC and driven our company to success. These values are the fundamental principles that shape who we are as a company and how we conduct business
- Personal Integrity - displays strong work ethic, professionalism, respectfulness, and accountability
- Trust and Teamwork - achieves success through internal and external dedication and partnership
- Exceeding Expectations - demonstrates entrepreneurialism and provides uncompromised service
- Enhancing Our Community - strives to serve the community
- Doing What we Say - always and forever
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.