Over four decades of building have shown us that our determination is far tougher than any problem. And that creativity, experience, and the right team can overcome even the most complicated challenges. At PARIC, barriers are fuel for better ideas. Anticipation is the antidote to surprise. Diligence determines the strength of our plans. And problems are just an exercise in ingenuity. As a nationwide builder, our services have scaled into integrated solutions and our skills have pushed us toward even more complex challenges to solve. As much as any structure, we build answers and opportunity. And to that end, there’s one thing that’s more valuable than any tool on our job sites: the drive to ensure that nothing stops the build.
Based in St. Louis, Missouri, PARIC is one of the largest privately held companies in the Midwest. PARIC prides itself on being an innovative general contractor, construction manager, and design/build firm. With vast experience in commercial, multi-family, senior living, healthcare, industrial, historic renovation, hospitality, and academic market segments, PARIC manages construction projects ranging from universities and hospitals to production facilities, warehouses and data centers.
PARIC. Experience. Excellence.
The Procurement Director is responsible for managing and overseeing the purchasing and subcontracting activities for projects while working with the Preconstruction and Operations teams both within PARIC Holdings and outside of the organization, to provide the best value overall. This position has ROI responsibility.
- Passionate about your work
- Exceptional communication and excellent listening skills
- Excels in developing and implementing processes
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent at multi-tasking, flexible
- Relationship driven
- Experience with multiple project types and sizes
- Ability to teach negotiation and strategy to team members
- Good understanding of subcontract and purchase order commercial terms and conditions
- Cost management experience
- Construction operations (field) experience
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification (i.e. multiple project discounts, direct purchase of materials, etc.)
- Dedicate time to teach and instruct teams within the PARIC Holdings groups, how to implement these Purchasing strategies and negotiation efforts
- Maximize profit through negotiating payment terms and conditions as well as discounts and yearend incentives with vendors.
- Manage all compliance related areas (warranty, delivery, etc.) with manufacturer and project subcontractor
- Assist in prequalifying subcontractors and vendors. Provide timely input as to project requirements, potential subcontractor workload, project timing, etc.
- Research and initially qualify bidders for projects in new geographic areas
- Provide updates to maintain subcontractor database with current information
- Assist in short listing of subcontractors for upcoming projects
- Assist team with review of bid packages and scopes of work prior to receiving bids
- Develop and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Monitor vendor’s current and past project workloads
- Lead the buyout kickoff meeting to be held with the project team (preconstruction and operations). Instruct the team on strategy with buyout strategy, schedule, budgeting assistance provided by subcontractors, previous discussions with subcontractors regarding award, etc.
- Develop plan to complete buyout within 45 days of notice to proceed. Create buyout schedule with buyout targets with input from the project team
- Review project plans and specifications and document opportunities and risks for project team
- Evaluate bids including interviewing subcontractors and suppliers
- Negotiate and issue purchase orders and subcontracts
- Prepare plan and ensure we provide feedback to subcontractors for bid results
- Solicit and negotiate master agreements per Rules of Engagement
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Track commodity trends and price increases
- Ensure all subcontractors complete cost breakdown matrix (schedule of values) to support development of cost history
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management, related field or related experience
- Ten or more years of construction or procurement experience in a technical or construction related field desired.
- Experience in implementing GPO strategies with multiple product types preferred
- Proven track record with cost management and P&L accountability over multiple project types
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.