PARIC Corporation is currently seeking a Director of Project Scheduling to work out of our St. Louis, Missouri location. This position will be responsible for Project Schedule Performance. This includes assisting project teams with schedule development, scheduling training, monitoring schedule performance and advising Project Executives on best practices. The right candidate will be skilled at heading-off and dealing with construction challenges that can impact a projects ability to meet schedule obligations.
- Prepare/Assist pre-construction team preliminary project schedule. Include input from Preconstruction Manager and Superintendent.
- Monitor projects from kick-off meeting onward for accuracy and thoroughness of project schedule. Actively influence/guide the project teams in the development of project schedules and key milestones. Develop a systematic method to ensure all projects are operating within a reasonable window for on time completion.
- Monitor updating of project schedules. Keep a record of trending on target or slippage of milestones. Report trends to Project Executives.
- As directed by Project Executive, intervene with the project team and aid development of recovery plans or project schedule revisions to overcome unplanned delivery delays.
- As directed by Project Executives, assist project teams with the preparation of delay claims and supporting documentation.
- Lead project scheduling training to develop and improve PARIC scheduling expertise to achieve top quartile performance.
- Provide input on personnel reviews for individual scheduling performance. Identify standouts for recognition.
- Provide advice/input on consultant engagement where necessary to satisfy complex project requirements. Monitor consultant performance (with project team input) and intervene when necessary to provide consultant feedback/correction or termination if necessary.
- Establish and monitor PARIC Scheduling Expectations. This will be how we measure scheduling success into the future and utilize for project performance reviews.
- Provide recommendations for software selections and scheduling methods to support the above.
- Stay current on industry development of scheduling tools/techniques to keep PARIC in house capabilities in the top quartile.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management, related field or related experience
- Ten or more years of experience managing and developing construction schedules
- Exceptional communication and excellent listening skills
- Excels in developing and implementing processes
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent at multitasking, flexible
- Relationship driven
- Passionate about your work
- Experience with multiple project types and sizes
- Able to read and understand construction plans and specifications
- Construction operations (field) experience
At PARIC Corporation, we build our customers' vision into a reality. Providing a complete range of construction services with unique solutions, we change our customers’ perception of what is possible. As a premier General Contractors, Construction Manager, and Design/Builder, we leverage over 35 years of experience in the construction industry to provide our customers with innovative solutions that surpass the capabilities of our competition. We are always on the forefront of construction advancements, utilizing the latest in virtual design and construction technology. We strive for every customer to EXPERIENCE EXCELLENCE in construction management jobs. From the first meeting to the last, providing a level of quality and service that we believe is unmatched. Every day we are focused on Building Excellence to Move our Community Forward.
PARIC's Core Values
For over 30 years, our Core Values have successfully guided PARIC and driven our company to success. These values are the fundamental principles that shape who we are as a company and how we conduct business.
Personal Integrity - displays strong work ethic, professionalism, respectfulness, and accountability
Trust and Teamwork - achieve success through internal and external dedication and partnership
Exceeding Expectations - demonstrates entrepreneurialism and provides uncompromised service
Enhancing our Community - strives to serve the community
Doing What We Say - always and forever
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.