This position is responsible for leading business development for the healthcare market sector by developing strategies to increase revenue, developing relationships with key stakeholders within the market, and managing opportunities for proposals and interviews.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Builds market position by locating, developing, defining and closing business relationships.
- Identifies key sector stakeholders, including owners, architects, etc. through networking and researching.
- Maintains, broadens and strengthens client relationships by understanding partners’ needs and goals, and through follow-up calls, meetings, information-sharing, and other invitations.
- Facilitates introductions and meetings with key stakeholders and PARIC executives and project managers.
- Studies, researches and understands assigned market sector.
- Actively participates in industry-specific associations and organizations.
- Develops strategies to increase market revenue by creating plans, quantitative projections, and timelines.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials.
- Identifies project opportunities and participates in the go/no go decision-making process.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with PARIC strategies and operations.
- Develops and maintains pipeline of accounts and opportunities with company CRM.
- Implements strategies by working with the executive, preconstruction and project management teams.
- Enhances PARIC’s reputation by accepting ownership for considering and accomplishing new and different requests.
- Participates in proposal development from beginning to end by assisting with writing narratives, editing, and delivering the finished proposal.
- Participates in interview preparations by assisting with format, outline, and content. Conducts follow-up with clients to solicit questions and/or clarifications regarding proposal and to track status for selection.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Problem Solving.
- Communication, including presentation and public speaking.
- Ethical Practice.
- Prospecting Skills.
- Networking Skills.
- Sales Planning.
No supervisory responsibilities are identified at this time.
This job operates in a professional office environment as well as active extensive out-of-office locations for the purpose of networking. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and carry small items.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., although hours regularly include before and after hour business events.
Frequent regional travel by car is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of combined experience in business development or similar roles in the healthcare sector.
- Proven track record of developing leads, relationships, and revenue.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.