Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 02/18/2021
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
The Operational Support Center (OSC) Manager is a non-union, salaried position reporting to the V.P., Accounting & Finance and will provide a pivotal leadership role within the organization. As the lead for the OSC, this role will work closely with numerous divisions and subsidiaries across the Paric umbrella, ensuring our construction projects have the right equipment, tools, material, and services at the right time to optimize their performance, quality, and safety. This individual will manage day-to-day tactical priorities while developing strategic enhancements to better serve our customers and expand profitability across our companies. The OSC Manager supervises three direct reports and is responsible for managing the team to ensure work is properly allocated and completed in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, preferably in business or supply chain/logistics management, or equivalent amount and level of experience
- Process improvement certification (Lean Six Sigma), is a plus
Years of Experience
- 10+ years of business/operations leadership experience in construction, warehousing, and/or logistics
- 5+ years in a supervisory role, including managing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work across multiple departments to drive business initiatives, complete a project, or resolve an organizational challenge
- Ability to apply background and experiences to new situations to implement change
- A ‘hands on’ individual who is able to prioritize, work to tight deadlines, display a sense of urgency, as well as be detail orientated
- Strategic in nature, with the ability to identify new business opportunities, develop action plans, and successfully implement
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) with the ability to relate to all levels of an organization, including senior management
- Manage supply chain and logistics to ensure our project teams have the proper equipment, tools, material, and services to avoid construction delays and/or inefficiencies
- P&L responsibility for the OSC, including the development of business plans to achieve annual financial budgets and long term strategic goals and identifying revenue and margin enhancement opportunities
- Oversight of administrative responsibilities, including inventory management, rental rate development, invoicing/charging, and vendor payments
- Oversight of 60,000+ square foot Operational Support Center facility, including sub tenant
- Develop, implement, and monitor creative strategies that enhance productivity and/or expand margins across our construction projects
- Partner with internal customers to identify and provide new service and product offerings, such as kitting, prefab, millwork, etc.
- Develop relationships with key vendors and suppliers to ensure the most advantages pricing and terms, while staying up-to-date of the latest advancements in tools and materials
- Identify investment opportunities in equipment, tools, and machinery, work with finance to generate ROIs, and present findings and recommendations to management
- Identify key business metrics, set targets, and track performance to ensure operational success and implement actions for improvement
- Continuously work on process optimization and removing non-value-added work
- Ensure the OSC team and anyone else utilizing the facility comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Lead and motivate the OSC team by setting performance standards, monitoring performance, and providing feedback
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record
- Ability to obtain forklift license
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to a height of 6 feet
- Available to work OSC operating hours, including 6:00am opening
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.