PARIC Corporation is currently seeking a Safety Professional responsible for reviewing and updating safety manuals, coordinating company training including CPR, first-aid, and OSHA, and maintaining current safety records. This position reports directly to the Safety Director.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts training for project employees and consults with project supervisors to develop safe work plans for all project phases and tasks
- Review and update safety manual on a regular basis
- Enforce company and project specific safety and health programs as well as federal, state, and local safety standards
- Develop, coordinate, and implement company training including CPR, first-aid, and OSHA
- Assist project teams in identifying and planning for site-specific safety issues
- Conduct regular safety inspections and recommend corrective actions
- Monitor the safety inspection process for the project teams
- Oversee and ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and general public
- Maintain current safety records including safety performance
- Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction including critical lifts, hazardous material handling, trenching, electrical, etc.
- Coordinate with OSHA and be primary point of contact
Required Education and Experience
- Safety and Health Bachelor’s Degree or closely related discipline
- Active Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST)
- Active Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Proof of training/competency in managing crane, fall protection, excavation, scaffolds, and heavy equipment safety
- 3-5 years or more of construction safety experience, including experience in Industrial Hygiene
- Effective communication skills
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Experience with variety of project types and sizes
This job operates both in a professional office environment as well as active construction sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and carry small items.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., although hours may vary in order to support the needs of project teams.
Travel by car and/or air is required up to 50% of the time for this position.
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PARIC pairs design/build services with construction management and negotiated general construction to offer an unparalleled building and service experience. We are committed to moving our region forward by remaining an integral part of our community and by leveraging the talent and experience of top-notch people who work closely with clients to build their visions into reality.
PARIC's Core Values
For over 30 years, our Core Values have successfully guided PARIC and driven our company to success. These values are the fundamental principles that shape who we are as a company and how we conduct business.
- Personal Integrity - displays strong work ethic, professionalism, respectfulness, and accountability
- Trust and Teamwork - achieves success through internal and external dedication and partnership
- Exceeding Expectations - demonstrates entrepreneurialism and provides uncompromised service
- Enhancing our Community - strives to serve the community
- Doing What we Say - always and forever