Senior Project Engineer
Since 1979 PARIC has focused on being one of the top general contractors, construction managers and design/build firms in the region. As one of the largest privately held companies in the Midwest, PARIC prides itself in investing in the community and building lasting client relationships.
PARIC people operate in accordance with our core values in a safe, client-focused manner aimed at delivering excellence. To ensure this, we recruit the highest caliber talent and provide them with the most advanced tools and training turning our clients’ visions into reality.
PARIC’s Core Values
For more than 40 years, PARIC’s core values have successfully guided and driven our company to success. These values are the fundamental principles that shape who we are as a company and how we conduct business.
POWER OF ONE TEAM – Because people are the force behind every success. We have unity in purpose and diversity in talent.
EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS – Because surpassing all expectations is so profoundly satisfying. This commitment to excellence extends to every employee and to every project.
ENHANCING OUR COMMUNITY – Because we build more than buildings. We give our time, talents and resources to a range of community efforts.
DOING WHAT WE SAY – Because as the adage says: “You’re only as good as your word.” If we say something is going to happen, it will happen.
RELENTLESS EVOLUTION – Because if you’re not learning from your mistakes, you’re not growing. We embrace positive change, face challenges head-on and get even better with every project.
PARIC Corporation is currently seeking a traveling Project Engineer.
This position is responsible for helping to keep the project within established goals for quality, timeliness, budget, profitability, safety, and customer satisfaction. As a Project Engineer, you are responsible for the financial performance of the project, project schedule, subcontractor negotiations, and Owner relationships. This position reports directly to the Senior Project Engineer or the Project Manager.
- Assist Preconstruction Manager/Estimator with and review value engineering process
- Prepare draft of the preliminary project schedule for review with the Project/Preconstruction Manager and Superintendent
- Review estimating activities and participate as needed
- Assist in bid day activities as requested
- Verify and assist with prequalification of subcontractors and suppliers
- Assist Project Management in obtaining Certificate of Substantial Completion from customer
- Assist with close-out activities (i.e., warranty manuals, owner training, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related experience
- A minimum of 3 years of construction experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communication skills and a credible reputation among local and regional subcontractors
- Knowledge and experience in estimating (preferred)
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience working with CMiC (preferred)
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.