Since 1979 PARIC has focused on being one of the top general contractors, construction managers and design/build firms in the region. As one of the largest privately held companies in the Midwest, PARIC prides itself in investing in the community and building lasting client relationships.
PARIC people operate in accordance with our core values in a safe, client-focused manner aimed at delivering excellence. To ensure this, we recruit the highest caliber talent and provide them with the most advanced tools and training turning our clients’ visions into reality.
This position is responsible for leading and driving the estimating process by appropriately utilizing available resources.
- Assess team member capabilities
- Teach and Develop Estimators
- Accountable for team performance
- Build relationships with subcontractors, designers, and owners
- Utilize relationships with internal and external partners to augment learning
- Effectively delegate roles and responsibilities within the team
- Set up kickoff meeting
- Establish milestones for timely delivery of estimate
- Drive solutions for budget issues
- Responsibly prioritize multiple projects to make greatest impact
- Present profitability plan to estimate review
- Understand estimate changes and provide clear explanation
- Initiate quality and safety reviews of drawings
- Participate in buyout and post bid feedback
- Develop scope of sheets, bid packages, and bid manual
- Effectively use all estimating software
- Participate in estimate presentations to team
- Utilize subcontractors expertise to develop alternate ideas and solutions
- Be able to understand when help is needed and who to engage
- Make recommendations to solve budge issues
- Provide recommendations for upgrades to estimating software and processes in general
- Lead weekly coordination meeting
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external team members to ensure follow-up
- 3-7 or more years of construction estimating experience
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.