PARIC Corporation is seeking the right candidate for a Senior Project Estimator role within our Estimating department in the St. Louis Region. This position will be responsible for leading the estimating team for small projects, developing complete estimates, bid day evaluations, pricing, and assisting other teams in estimate development. This position reports directly to the Preconstruction Director.
- Prepare detailed estimate deliverables in a clear, concise, standard format
- Lead estimating team through process on small projects. Develop delegation skills
- Mentor and teach others as appropriate
- Participate in presentation of costs to Owner/Architect team in a clear, concise manner
- Prepare takeoffs and initial pricing on all scopes of work including clear concise clarifications for your work
- Assist in the buyout of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Participate in training for PARIC standards, processes, construction techniques, pricing, productivity, etc
- Proactively engage superintendents to visit jobsites, learn about construction techniques, etc.
- Develop strategic relationships with local subcontractor community
- Participate in estimating standards and training program
- Think strategically regarding moving a project forward
- Evaluate subcontractor bids appropriately for use in estimates/bids
- Participate in continuing education as appropriate
- Assist team to meet department and company goals
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management, related field or related experience is required
- A minimum of one year of construction experience
- Knowledge of construction industry best practices and experience with managing a team through the estimating process on small projects
- The ability to multi-task, and strong problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills, exceptional communication, and a credible reputation among local and regional subcontractors
- Experience utilizing of Microsoft Excel, MC2 Estimating Software, and Microsoft Project
PARIC pairs design/build services with construction management and negotiated general construction to offer an unparalleled building and service experience. We are committed to moving our region forward by remaining an integral part of our community and by leveraging the talent and experience of top-notch people who work closely with clients to build their visions into reality.
PARIC’s CORE VALUES
For over 30 years, our core values have successfully guided PARIC and driven our company to success. These values are the fundamental principles that shape who we are as a company and how we conduct business.
• Personal Integrity - displays strong work ethic, professionalism, respectfulness, and accountability
• Trust and Teamwork - achieves success through internal and external dedication and partnership
• Exceeding Expectations - demonstrates entrepreneurialism and provides uncompromised service
• Enhancing Our Community - strives to serve the community
• Doing What We Say - always and forever
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.