Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/16/2019
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Staff Accountant reports to the Senior Accounting Manager and is responsible for maintaining the general ledger and various sub ledgers. This individual will be required to process transactions within the ERP and reconcile various balance sheet accounts. This role requires a candidate that can work cross functionally and support multiple departments by providing reports, analytics, and other deliverables under strict deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
Years of Experience
- 2-4 years of experience in a customer service and/or data entry position
- Exceptional organizational skills and a prowess for detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, task-oriented environment and meet deadlines
- Experience with ERP applications desired
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including a focus on collaboration and customer service
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, etc.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Transferring data from software to ERP with the use of Excel
- Processing accounts receivable activity into sub ledgers
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Administer operational processes on various platforms which include but are not limited to: expense reporting, travel, credit cards, etc.
- Calculating sales and use taxes owed to multiple municipalities and filing returns in a timely manner.
- Tracking and filing various reports and licensing for multiple companies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Other duties as assigned