Since 1979 PARIC has focused on being one of the top general contractors, construction managers and design/build firms in the region. As one of the largest privately held companies in the Midwest, PARIC prides itself in investing in the community and building lasting client relationships.
PARIC people operate in accordance with our core values in a safe, client-focused manner aimed at delivering excellence. To ensure this, we recruit the highest caliber talent and provide them with the most advanced tools and training turning our clients’ visions into reality.
PARIC’s Core Values
For more than 40 years, PARIC’s core values have successfully guided and driven our company to success. These values are the fundamental principles that shape who we are as a company and how we conduct business.
POWER OF ONE TEAM – Because people are the force behind every success. We have unity in purpose and diversity in talent.
EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS – Because surpassing all expectations is so profoundly satisfying. This commitment to excellence extends to every employee and to every project.
ENHANCING OUR COMMUNITY – Because we build more than buildings. We give our time, talents and resources to a range of community efforts.
DOING WHAT WE SAY – Because as the adage says: “You’re only as good as your word.” If we say something is going to happen, it will happen.
RELENTLESS EVOLUTION – Because if you’re not learning from your mistakes, you’re not growing. We embrace positive change, face challenges head-on and get even better with every project.
- This role is a working manager, whom will be responsible for coordinating people and tasks for multiple projects to perform survey, layout, aerial and terrestrial scanning
- The Survey Manager shall be responsible for providing bi-weekly updates to the VDC Manager, and openly communicating with the VDC team and project field staff to coordinate jobs
- Facilitate coordination of Layout related efforts for the PARIC project team and MEPF subcontractors
- Review BIM and CAD files for necessary info, accuracy and timely updates
- Develop points, ad-hoc models, and/or plans, for robotic layout users
- Review and coordinate as-build points that impact design/construction
- Coordinate with PARIC Self-Perform and/or Project Teams on scheduling of layout work
- Coordinate proper prep of buildings and sites for layout work
- Call in advance of layout work to verify site control points are available and clearly marked and have sufficient line-of-sight for use on active job sights
- Travel to various project sites for quality control and to:
- Assist with establishing building and site control points
- Review and validate building and site control points
- Spot check for accuracy of control and layout points
- Observe layout practices, and aid users in proper techniques
- Provide technical support for PARIC layout users
- Provide general support for MEPF subcontractors to aid PARIC projects
- Conduct training for PARIC staff on Robotic Layout software and hardware, and VDC processes
- Coordinate on-going training sessions for users to consistently evolve layout processess and collect feedback on current processes and opportunites for improvement
- Develop and maintain layout training and best practice White Papers and Videos that cover layout processes, software, hardware, and VDC related topics
- Establish and/or validate project control points for PARIC project teams and MEPF subcontractors
- Review and assist in validating layout of building components on-site, in particular building corners to verify the accurate and/or best alignment between systems such as foundations-to-walls
- Provide ad hoc layout when necessary to aid project teams
- Provide ad hoc as-building of buiding elements, site and building control points and monuments
- Assist with managing model content protocols and verify updates from BIM team members
- Assist VDC Director/Team with developing schedules and estimates for Layout Service
- Assist VDC team with scanning of buildings and sites, and processing data
- Obtain or establish control points for aerial/terra scanning with GCP
- Review the results of scanning and verify proper alignment with building/site control points
- Assist VDC coordinators with merging survey and scan data with vertical building models
- Assist with processing of scan data, and processing deviation analysis related to building elements, earthwork and progress validation, etc.
- Attend on-going training and/or industry conferences to continually evolve knowledge of layout technology, processes and trends
- Be comfortable testing and implementing to new technology
- Be an ambassador for process(s) that expand on the technology vision established by the VDC Director
Knowledge and Skills
- Civil or Construction related, Bachelor Degree preferred, license preferred (or pursuing)
2) Years of Relevant Experience:
- Minimum 5 years preferred
3) Functional Skills:
- Good communication and effective listening
- Strong understanding of construction and building layout processes
- Proficient knowledge of Civil3D required, and Revit software preferred
- Experience with Leica ICON software, and/or other GPS preferred, but not required
- Experience with BIM360, AutoDesk Point Layout, Leica Cyclone, and NaVVIS are beneficial
- Key Attributes: Self-motivated, strong multi-tasker, sense-of-urgency, good communicator, patient teacher, high attention to detail
4) Exemplifies Paric’s Core Values:
- Personal Integrity-displays strong work ethic, professionalism, respectfulness and accountability
- Trust and Teamwork-achieves success through internal and external dedication and partnership
- Exceeding Expectations- demonstrates entreprenuerialism and provides uncompromised service
- Enhancing Our Community – strives to serve the community
- Doing What We Say-always and forever
- Travel is based on projects, majority of current work is in St. Louis Metro
- Travel may expand outside of St. Louis, and be as much as 25% of time
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.