Safety Focused Construction
Everyone who works with PARIC is part of our family. Each day we operate with a strong sense of shared responsibility to protect each other. Like the air we breathe, our approach to safety is a necessary aspect of our survival. More than simply an initiative, it’s part of everything we do.
At PARIC, Jobsite safety is the single most important aspect of our business. Safety is much more than a priority; safety is a way of life. We continuously refine our systems and processes to reduce our experience modification rate to zero.
Learn more about our policies, programs, and awards by clicking on the links below:
Shannon Niles - Safety Director
PARIC believes in preventing accidents through the exercise of personal initiative and mandatory safety training. Every single employee is responsible for accident prevention as part of his/her job.
Consistent with these values, PARIC advocates:
- A strong emphasis on safety training and expectations
- A solid safety reporting structure mandating accountability at every level of the organization
- Employee responsibility, giving every employee the right and authority to stop work when an activity is being performed in an unsafe way
- A mandatory Substance Abuse Program which requires drug and alcohol testing of all employees, including pre-employment, random, reasonable cause, and post accident
- Daily safety-inspections conducted by trained on-site supervisors
- Daily safety discussions regarding the tasks to be performed and documented weekly safety meetings
- Construction operations conducted in strict adherence to federal, state and local safety policies, and to specific PARIC safety-policies
Our Track Record
At PARIC, our safety record is outstanding, beating the industry standard in recordable and lost-time accidents. The facts:
- PARIC has a current EMR of 0.51, well below the industry standard of 1.0
- PARIC has a full-time safety professional and a fully-trained staff
- PARIC has earned multiple safety awards throughout its history
- PARIC is a member of the St. Louis Construction OSHA Partnership