Senior Preconstruction Manager
Reporting to the Vice President of Preconstruction, this position is responsible for leading estimating and design teams through the preconstruction process, assisting the Project Executives in their role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field, or related experience.
- 15 or more years of construction experience.
- On-site project experience is preferred.
- Experience managing a team through the preconstruction and estimating process preferred.
- Exceptional communication and excellent listening skills.
- Recognize problems. Provide and implement solutions.
- Experience with multiple project types and sizes.
- Understanding of unit costs for various project types ($/sf, $/key, $/car, etc.).
- Well versed in all systems and pricing (MEP, structural, etc.).
- Knowledgeable and experience in estimating standards and software.
- Ability to see the big picture, diving into the details as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task on a large variety of construction projects.
- Effective delegation.
- Lead and manage a team through the preconstruction and design process. Communicate strategy, expectations.
- Prepare conceptual estimates, including detailed clarifications, schedules, etc.
- Lead strategy discussions to move project forward.
- Prepare and update preconstruction schedule, as well as preliminary high level construction schedule. Provide strategy for logistics, procurement, etc.
- Actively participate in sales presentations and Owner meetings as required.
- Lead buyout and subcontractor interviews as necessary in conjunction with the project teams
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with project budgets and provide analysis of deviations. Drive creative solutions for budget challenges.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Subcontractors, Owners, Architects and Engineers.
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Since 1979 PARIC has focused on being one of the top general contractors, construction managers and design/build firms in the region. As one of the largest privately held companies in the Midwest, PARIC prides itself in investing in the community and building lasting client relationships.
PARIC people operate in accordance with our core values in a safe, client-focused manner aimed at delivering excellence. To ensure this, we recruit the highest caliber talent and provide them with the most advanced tools and training turning our clients’ visions into reality.
PARIC’S CORE VALUES
For more than 40 years, PARIC’s core values have successfully guided and driven our company to success. These values are the fundamental principles that shape who we are as a company and how we conduct business.
POWER OF ONE TEAM – Because people are the force behind every success. We have unity in purpose and diversity in talent.
EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS – Because surpassing all expectations is so profoundly satisfying. This commitment to excellence extends to every employee and to every project.
ENHANCING OUR COMMUNITY – Because we build more than buildings. We give our time, talents and resources to a range of community efforts.
DOING WHAT WE SAY – Because as the adage says: “You’re only as good as your word.” If we say something is going to happen, it will happen.
RELENTLESS EVOLUTION – Because if you’re not learning from your mistakes, you’re not growing. We embrace positive change, face challenges head-on and get even better with every project.