Reporting to the Vice President – Preconstruction, this position is responsible for leading estimating and design teams through the preconstruction process, assisting the Project Executives in their role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field, or related experience.
- 15 or more years of construction experience.
- On-site project experience is preferred.
- Experience managing a team through the preconstruction and estimating process preferred.
- Exceptional communication and excellent listening skills.
- Recognize problems. Provide and implement solutions.
- Experience with multiple project types and sizes.
- Understanding of unit costs for various project types ($/sf, $/key, $/car, etc.).
- Well versed in all systems and pricing (MEP, structural, etc.).
- Knowledgeable and experience in estimating standards and software.
- Ability to see the big picture, diving into the details as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task on a large variety of construction projects.
- Effective delegation.
- Lead and manage a team through the preconstruction and design process. Communicate strategy, expectations.
- Prepare conceptual estimates, including detailed clarifications, schedules, etc.
- Lead strategy discussions to move project forward.
- Prepare and update preconstruction schedule, as well as preliminary high level construction schedule. Provide strategy for logistics, procurement, etc.
- Actively participate in sales presentations and Owner meetings as required.
- Lead buyout and subcontractor interviews as necessary in conjunction with the project teams
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Ensure compliance with project budgets and provide analysis of deviations. Drive creative solutions for budget challenges.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Subcontractors, Owners, Architects and Engineers.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Bonus Incentive Program
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage
Paternity Leave and Maternity Leave
Tuition Reimbursement for employees
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.