Since 1979 PARIC has focused on being one of the top general contractors, construction managers and design/build firms in the region. As one of the largest privately held companies in the Midwest, PARIC prides itself in investing in the community and building lasting client relationships.
PARIC people operate in accordance with our core values in a safe, client-focused manner aimed at delivering excellence. To ensure this, we recruit the highest caliber talent and provide them with the most advanced tools and training turning our clients’ visions into reality.
The Superintendent is responsible for the overall success of the project, including cost, schedule and execution, people/team development, relationship building, safety and quality. Specifically, this position is accountable for on-site coordination for all project phases, including subcontractors, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are followed, and that work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. We are hiring for Superintendents that are open to travel. Job site locations include: Louisville, KY, San Antonio, TX, LaGrange, TX, North Carolina, and St. Louis, MO.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Know and understand project cost book.
- Achieve baseline and maximize profitability within project.
- Understand and manage subcontractor scopes of work to minimize additional cost.
- Resolve additional costs and disputed items promptly in coordination with Project Manager (i.e. extra tickets, subcontractor overtime, etc.)
- Understand General Conditions and work to maintain respective budgets and project labor plan to optimize savings wherever possible.
- Assist in development of an accurate baseline schedule, and ensure achievement of baseline schedule.
- Identify and develop action plan early on to mitigate negative impacts to baseline schedule.
- Own the sequencing, logic, flow, duration and activities within the project schedule updated on a weekly basis.
- Work to maximize the efficiency and profitability of all self performed work.
- Learn, understand and embrace technology.
- Develop and maintain sound relationships both internally and externally, so that customers and project teams desire future work with the Project Superintendent and PARIC.
- Ensure that all of PARIC’s established safety and quality control processes and procedures are followed without exception. Conduct daily routine safety audits, assure work in place conforms to project documents, and engage safety and quality managers as applicable.
- Experience in projects exceeding $50 million preferred.
PARIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.